• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Suppressive therapy & still outbreaks

I've been on suppressive therapy since September 2017, diagnosed April 2017 and have had about 5 outbreaks before September. I've had 2 outbreaks on suppressive therapy, and what looks like a third now. I thought the outbreaks would lessen on suppressive therapy. I'm taking Valtrex 500mg daily and then 500mg twice a day when an outbreak occurs. I'm doing what I can to be healthy, as I am generally a healthy person. It seems to come around my period now. but this time i really didn't feel any prodrome symptoms. I'm just really frustrated. I know stress is a killer but there's only so much one can do.

Any one else experience outbreaks on suppressive or have any suggestions? Feeling lost

I totally feel your pain. I was also on valacyclovir 500mg and honestly it didn't do shit for me. If you have any autoimmune disorders it makes the virus so much more difficult to live with. Perhaps that is a part of it. My doctor has me on 1.6g of acyclovir because that's how strong it needs to be for the dosing to work to suppress it but it's rotting out my stomach and dehydrating me so badly that I just want to cry. I felt my blood pressure skyrocket Wednesday night when my cat almost lost his life and I had to pay $1k to save it and obviously my blood pressure wasn't going to stay down when that did happen but at the same time, I thought I needed medical help. I went vegan for a week before running out of money and having to switch over and it didn't really satisfy my appetite but it did make my skin and overall health better. Perhaps I just didn't give it enough of a chance. I do know that a lot of stress triggers symptoms or a full on outbreak because it's happened to me but the virus triggers stress so it's a never-ending vicious fucking cycle.. So I really do know how you feel.. because I have a heart condition and celiac & endometriosis to name a few besides panic disorder that is so much worse on this medication, and I am honestly losing my motivation to eat or drink water or do anything but sleep.. and I can't because I have to nurse my cat back from near death. I tried to tell my boyfriend I'm at this point exhausted from life and that all I want to do is go to sleep and never wake up and he tells me he can't help me. It's like wow thanks a lot man.. I've been tempted to take as many pills as I can find and just end it all because staying here to benefit other people when I'm suffering just doesn't seem fair to me at all.. but I keep fighting to stay alive and I'm running out of reasons to stay. I was broken before this virus.... and my boyfriend and I barely sleep together because I don't ever want him to suffer the way that I am because for some people it isn't just a fucking skin condition but I feel the strain on our relationship from it all. I wake up and just want to go back to sleep.. or drink or cry my eyes out. I feel your pain.. and I wish I could help you. I really do.. because nobody deserves this..