• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Existing Oral-HSV1, scared I have caught GHSV1/GHSV2 from oral sex

Hello all,

I am 30 yo male. I have already had Oral HSV-1 for a long time (HSV1 IGG of 60+). 3 weeks ago, I received oral sex from a woman of unknown status. We used a saran wrap but I doubt if it provided effective protection since it lasted 3-4 minutes and was pretty rough for a while.

Few days later I observed 2-3 bumps on my penile shaft and got them checked and tested by PCR within 2 days of appearance. The physician said they did not look like Herpes to her, and the tests came back negative.

I was concerned since I started observing random itching in my genitals which is present even till today. Also, started having random pain in my left butt which is still there- it comes and goes and is in my foot too sometimes. My groin lymph nodes were painful for 2-3 days too.

I have seen 2 other doctors since (including a dermatologist) and they have dismissed it as molluscum or yeast infection. I am not much worried about the bumps, but other accompanying symptoms.

Does this sound like GHSV1/GHSV2?

Thanks!