• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

O/B from sex

I was diagnosed with HSV2 about three months ago and I’m slowly starting to accept it. I’ve only had a few outbreaks but they all happened after I had sex with my boyfriend (he’s my giver). I’m currently taking antivirals and dryness isn’t really a problem, so there isn’t too much friction. I know that I haven’t had this that long.. so maybe that’s why I keep getting O/B’s from sex? Does anyone else have any experience with this? I just want to know if the longer I have this virus, the less O/B’s I’ll have after sex.

By the way thanks to everyone for all the support, it’s really helped me come to terms with my diagnosis

I hope someone has an answer to this; I found out about four months ago, had sex for the first time yesterday (He didn't reject me! Yay!), and now I have a bump. I didn't realize sex could CAUSE outbreaks... now I'm scared I was pre-outbreak already and therefore more contagious and might have had a higher likelihood of giving it to him. :(

From what I understand sex can cause outbreaks but that doesn’t mean you were contagious during sex. As long as you weren’t showing signs of an outbreak while you were having sex then I wouldn’t worry about transmitting it to him. I’ve read that using lube can help because it’s usually the friction that causes the outbreak.

Ohhhh. Good tip, the lube. I wouldn't have associated the friction, but that makes total sense. And phew! I swear, hearing I had herpes was the lowest point of my life, but this community has been putting rung after rung in front of me so I can climb out of that hole. Thank you!