• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital hsv 1

Is there anyone on this forum that has had GHSV 1 for 5+ years? I'm interested on hearing about your outbreak frequency and if you've ever passed it on to anyone from the genitals? I've only recently been diagnosed as Type 1 - now know my primary was 6 years ago - and have infrequent minor outbreaks every couple of years. I'm now out of the relationship with the guy that gave me this gift from his coldsores and trying (very hard!) to keep a level head while getting back into the dating game...Very aware of the current stats on GHSV 1 but interested in personal stories more...

I was coming here to post an incredibly similar post. I contracted hsv-1 when I was 18 from my high school boyfriend (also a coldsore) and had a terrible initial outbreak to follow. My lymph nodes were so swollen I couldn't wear jeans for the way they pressed. My next outbreak was accompanied by a head cold and rash that I was convinced was shingles, but no doctor would diagnose, and that was when I was 22. I'm now 26 and have had no outbreaks that I am aware of. It has been so long, however, that I am CONVINCED that every tingle or itch is an outbreak or shedding. I don't even know what I should truly be looking for because of never having a mild outbreak (that I know of). But herpes will mess with your head like that.

Every partner told has wanted to be with me anyway. None of them knew a thing about it beside the obvious stigma attached, but saw past it once I laid down facts. I have never transmitted to any partners.

Somebody tell us what to look for in our outbreaks lol

I hope I was helpful, lilyluv.

For instance, I had a bump appear yesterday. Tonight I checked on it and it popped. Like a pimple. It was a pimple. Herpes WILL have you flustered out of your mind. I feel crazy.

Thanks for responding Highwayqueen!

I think because I’ve had around 3 recurrences since my primary 6 years ago I’m quite familiar with the signs. For me there is definitely a little (really minor) burning literally just before a bump appears that very quickly turns into an almost pin sized sore that’s barely even sore. They are pretty minor but I know not friction as they take about 4 days to heal and last time it happened I finally got it swabbed. I’ve never ‘itched’ with any of this ever. (I say that as I hear many people talk about crazy itching!)

I know since I got this though I could almost pinpoint where the virus has decided to live my sacrum. As I get twinges frequently there now when I’m not having recurrences. Could be my head but....

It’s really good to hear that no ones rejected you. I feel a little frustrated with genital HSV 1 as from what I gather (and please someone correct me if I’m wrong) if we were to have it orally the virus would be far more contagious from our mouths due to much higher shedding rates from its site of preference? Any partner would be more at risk if we had it orally?