• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dumpster fire sized failure.

I told my boyfriend I had HSV 2 within maybe 10 minutes of finding out myself.

I found out because he gave me chalymidia so I just got a 10 panel STD test and that cams back positive for HSV 2.

He was really patient and understanding at first but ultimately decided that he couldn't deal with herpes and told me that staying with me would be the equivalent of walking down a path that he knew had land mines.

It's his loss, good riddance, yadayadayada I just feel really angry. I want to yell curse words and all sorts of other nonsense but really just typing it out is making me feel better.

The way that I see it is if he does not want to get tested, then he knew he had carried it all along. He gave you chlamydia, so that wouldn't be far-fetched. If he knew he had it or felt that he might have had it before you, he could be making the mentioned break-up excuses as a way to deal with his guilt. That way, breaking up with you is a way for him to get out of having to support you in a state of guilt. With the exception of some married people who have been married for many years before herpes turns up, the normal response in this case would be that he would want to get tested asap... his behavior is suspicious.

@Charmander23 I'm sorry you experienced this. Thank goodness you were alerted to the chlamydia which can cause major problems if it goes unrecognized. Hopefully your ex will get treated for that before transmitting it again.

If you haven't done so, please take a look at your IgG test numbers to be certain your antibodies were not in a range that commonly causes false positive. In general, levels above 3.5 are believed to rarely be false positives while levels below 3.5 are more uncertain.

I'm sorry he reacted the way he did. I've encountered this mindset before. Some people have a very difficult time with known risk and prefer to assume they and their other partners are HSV- unless specifically told otherwise. I disagree with @Vin3 that is suspicious behavior, though the scenario @Vin3 proposed is certainly possible. I just think it's more likely he falls into the great number of people who prefer to assume they and their partners are negative unless told otherwise.

Regardless of why he behaved the way he did, he is clearly not the right partner for you. If he's lying, it makes that more obvious. But even if he's simply anxious about intimacy with you, you deserve a partner who is all in. Next time you experience that, you'll be relieved you aren't in a situation instead where your partner is focused on the risk of HSV. It also sounds like he was insensitive in how he expressed his anxiety to you, another red flag for a partner. Not that I need to sell you on this; your post indicates you get this already.

@optimist my level was 16.4, but I've never experienced an outbreak. After calling all my previous partners I've found that I was exposed about 4 years ago, and I think I've had it since then. I do feel like I deserve acceptance, and it was handled really poorly. He may have given it to me, but I'm not sure. He did get tested and treated for the chalymidia, but they didn't test him for herpes. He had a fatalistic view of a lot of things.