• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Came clean to my partner

So I’ve been dating this guy for about 4 months. My plan was to tell him about my Herpes in the beginning. We went in out first date and had a couple drinks. Sex kinda happened on the first night, unprotected. The next morning i panicked. I thought how could I tell him this after we had unprotected sex. After the first date I saw him almost every day and we continued to have sex. I have been on suppressive med the whole time. We only used condoms a few times. I love and really care about him. Last week I came clean and told him everything. He was a little upset at first but then said we will figure it out and he appreciates my honesty. It’s been a week and I haven’t heard from him. I’ve been so stressed. He he shut me out. All my friends say I have to give him time. What are the chances that I passed this to him. I’m pretty confident that I didn’t becuase I took Valtrex everyday. Please help

Hmm. Since his male anatomy gives him protection from getting it, you have been on valtrex, and you've had it for 13 years which means your immune system has a good handle on the virus, I say that there is a good chance he didn't contract it. Has he gotten tested?