• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Western blot test results

So let me try to make a long story short. I got tested in July and everything was negative with the exception of hsv1. Dated a guy over the summer and decided since he was a bit shady to get checked again in November. I never had any symptoms just wanted to get checked. Hsv1 was positive (I’ve always had it). Hav2 was equivocal at .97. Fast forward forward to early December... got retested for hav2 and came back positive at 1.38. This was now about 12 weeks post exposure. I went a little cazy and got checked 3 more times. The week after it was at 1.62, then 1.33, and then 1.58. I decided since it was still still low to get a western blot done. I contacted Terri Warren and went ahead with the test. Just got my results back. Hsv1 positive but hsv2 NEGATIVE. Terri said will probably always test positive for hsv2 but i don’t actually have it. Just thought i would share.

• 1 year later...

It was developed by Ana Wald and Rhoda Morrow. The virologist at the University of Washington dedicate their lives to studying herpes.

In one study they had 835 people long time herpes positive confirmed by recurring lesions and positive culture or swabs They took the Igg herpes select blood test and 8 % actually tested negative but on the western blot all were positive 

the igg test looks at 1 protein which is the first to develop but the Western blot looks at 9!  It is done by 3 lab techs who look at each hsv protein by size and laboriuosly  map out HSV2 and HSV1 on special blotted paper 

As always there is a little wiggle room currently they say 12 week post exposure is definitive unless you have taken valtrex continuously since an unconfirmed outbreak On the internet some claim to wait 6 months but they may be ufvyou are immune compromised 

BTW you can call them and talk to them about anything at all! They want to help 

• Thanks 2