Herpes Opportunity logo
Informational Blog
Support Forum
Start Here!
H Opp Weekend
Herpes Videos
Lifestyle Guides

Givin’ It a go

Is it suppose to hurt to have sex after your first OB? I’ve finished my antivirals a few days before Christmas. And I was reading it’s best to wait two weeks after finishing the antivirals to have sex again or it depends on how fast the person heals. I waited the two weeks maybe a day or two shy of it. Everything felt back to normal thank god! But when he went to put it in it hurt and burned a little. It wasn’t too unbearable. After a few strokes it went away. But when we would change positions and he had to put it back in that’s when the pain would pop back up. I was sore the next day but that slowly went away throughout the day. A few days later we tried to give it another go. The pain was still there again only when he first put it in. Is this normal? Will I be able to have sex again without the pain? Is there anything I could try to help ease the pain?

Comments

• It sound like a yeast infection honestly I use to get them frequently when I had sex w my ex and this was way before I caught g.h
  • It could be a yeast - but my experience is that it's herpes. I can't even touch myself without having my nerves react like a hot burn on the surface let alone put something up inside. I don't have visible lesions, however, wearing underwear or any amount of rubbing down there exacerbates the issue. I did get tested for yeast and vaginosis on 1/6 and labs said NONE. Here is it is 1/31 and I'm still feeling the tickling, burning, swelling, reddening being on Acyclovir for the last 2 months plus. Underwear is not my friend nor is a nice clitoral only orgasm

I do have questions for my doc if this is what I can expect from herpes as each time I have a BO is seems to vary in type of BO and location.

On another note, another gal friend was diagnosed a few months prior to myself and she gets a BO after a good romp almost every time. I know it can vary for some and not sure the ticket to getting fully well and engaging in sex - lotsa lube or not.

I'd suggest getting tested for yeast and vaginosis and in the mean time, treat it like HSV.
    Good luck and as much as it's a time and cost sink - never assume, always get tested before medicating with anything other than HSV meds until you learn your pattern and triggers. At least this is how I plan to approach it now as it has been keeping me guessing daily since early Nov. 2017.
  • Thanks yea I guessing I wasn’t fully healed from my first OB and maybe that’s why it hurt. I’ve had my second one already and it wasn’t that bad and the meds helped. I did tried the lube and it did help a bit though.