• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital HSV-1 Recurrences - just want to check something with those that may know?!

Hi Guys - what a great forum! Thanks for having me.

I'll try and break it down. About 6 years (January 2012) ago I broke out in a massive rash with sort of un-painful sores around my anus and genitals. The area was uncomfortable but sores weren't painful. I had both my GP and a private sexual health clinic look at it. Both said bad thrush infection - NO ONE swabbed! I was pretty convinced that i had got herpes as both guys I had been with over the space of two months suffered from cold sores.

5 months later I had what, I believe now, was my first recurrence just under my vaginal opening. One largish painless sore that started with a bit of burning cleared up in 10 days. 5 months after that a second recurrence that was about an inch away more on my inner bum cheek. has some leg nerve stuff happen just before i noticed it. That lasted about a week. I was nervous to get it checked out for whatever reason.

2 years went by and nothing then a little rough sex and i got one tiny sore about two days after (burning preceeded) that cleared up in about 5-7 days and virtually painless.

3 years go by again which leads me to new years eve 2017 just gone. Fooled around with a pretty young gorgeous guy who was quite inexperienced and quite rough with his hands! (we did not have sex). I woke up new years day quite bruised and sore down below. That took about 24 hours to calm down but low and below 72 hours later I got a sore under my vaginal opening again. So finally went and got it swabbed. Its come back positive (PCR DNA SWAB) for HSV TYPE 1. Just as I thought.

However about 24 hours after that sore appeared and after I'd had the swab another sore popped up a little to the left of it. Usually I have only had one sore pop up (or so I think). I was pretty raw after the new years eve madness from all the fingering and dry humping which makes me think I was way more sensitive down there (also completely run down, lack of sleep etc). Is it usual to sometimes have a bit worse of an outbreak with a couple of sores for GHSV1? None of it is severe. The original sore i had swabbed has healed in 5 days and the second one on its way out. I guess I maybe a little paranoid that it could be HSV2 as well? odds are not and its just a bit of a worse outbreak of type 1 due to all factors mentioned above? would a sore popping up in a recurrence 24hours after the first one be just the same?

Any experience with GHSV1 recurrences would be much appreciated.

I believe the time scale for my recurrences are consistent with the average recurrence rate for GHSV1 if you are going to get recurrences so to speak. one mild every 2/3 years.

To note - I have only had one full on sexual partner in all this time ( I believe he is who i caught my hSV1 off after oral 6 years ago). The 2nd guy was a no sex fumble (a few weeks before i met full on sexual partner0 and the young guy on new years was a no sex rough drunken fumble!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I had the second sore PCR swabbed. It is GHSV1. Can anyone with GHSV 1 comment on their recurrence rate? I seem to be getting something every 2-3 years. Minor - clears up in 4/5 days. Could it go longer? Its been about 6 years since i know I got this... would love to hear from people....Having a bit of a hard time in my head even though i know all the stats. Has anyone ever passed GHSV1 on genitally? For absolute sure? Thanks....