• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes from rape

I am new to this site and just learning how to use it. I was just at the doctor because I notice painful canker sore looking lesions on my vagina and got tested for herpes my results have not come back yet but my doctor said she is almost sure it is herpes. I am devastated. I am 21 and feel like my life is over. When i was in highschool i was friends with someone who was rumored to have herpes all though i never directly asked him nor had he ever told me, one night we (my girlfriends, i and him) were all hanging out and drinking while his parents were out of town i eventually went to go to bed in the other room and i woke up with him on top of me raping me i pushed him off of me and freaked out and he left the room i eventually passed out again, and left the next morning with my other girlfriends and one of them told me he went in a did the same to her while she was sleeping. we never told our parents and i am so hurt and wish i would have because now i possibly most likely have herpes from this rape and it is killing me inside and im so depressed i finally told my current boyfriend of two years about the rape and he came with me to the dr and is very supportive, however i have never had an outbreak and its been 5 or 6 years since the rape and i just tried to forget about it because i was scared and i didnt notice any symptoms after and now im having my first outbreak and its horrible i just dont know what to do please help any advice or support is so much appreciated !

First, I'm so sorry that happened to you, I got a outbreak of hsv months possibly years after I caught it, it was soo painful it was unbearable I know but once it heal, you'll be back to yourself it feels like ya life is over but I'm assuring it's not I was there I was 21 when I was diagnosed, I was soo scared, but it took me time to heal I focused on myself got my schooling back together and doing better than ever, try to find out what strain it is as well, but your not alone, there's so many people that are in our shoes and are doing fine

I don’t have much advice but I can try and be supportive. Something similar happened to me once and I was 27. I was really drunk and my friends kind of abandoned me with some guy alone in an apartment. He definitely wanted to have sex and I told him no, but we could cuddle. Well I passed out next to him on the couch and woke up to him inside me. The details are blurry but the next morning I was disgusted and I told a few people he took advantage of me but at the time I didn’t realize he absolutely sexually assaulted me and did not have my consent. What’s worse is he wasn’t a bad person, but what he did was wrong and I wish I could go back in time and make that very clear. There’s even a chance that he was my giver, I’ll never really know. I’m sorry that happened to you, and sadly it’s not so uncommon. Hopefully sharing stories can help. You’re not alone!