• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling so guilty of possible transmission and not disclosing

I am a female who was diagnosed with HSV type 2 in the beginning of October. In November, I was getting quite a few outbreaks but come december I luckily had none. I take pretty good care of myself, I workout almost everyday and try to always eat as healthy as possible. I had abstained from sex since my initial diagnosis, but last week I got super drunk and had sex with a mutual friend. I feel so guilty that I might've given him something because it was unprotected and I was not in the right mind set to disclose my situation. I'm not on suppressive meds, but I have been paranoid of any possible triggers turning into potential outbreaks that I was taking 500mg valtrex off and on during the time of the incident. I don't have his number so I can't contact him, he's my friends boyfriend's friend and I feel SO awful. Knowing the way I got herpes and how the person never told me has really scarred me and I wouldn't wish how I felt during my diagnosis on anyone. I don't know what overcame me that night to think not saying anything was ok. Help. I feel so guilty.