• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Another OB???

Hey guys -

New to the H community, just a week in since my diagnosis. My first chance to talk to my doctor about this is coming up on Wednesday.

I’m pretty sure this was my initial outbreak - high fever, migraines, very swollen glands, etc. I think it may have started a few months ago with what I thought were recurring yeast infections, until 2-3 weeks ago my “yeast infection” was more of a burning vulva with bumps and the flu on top of it. Igg was off the chart low for both types, but the swab test came back positive.

My doctor prescribed me Valacyclovir 1000mg 2x a day for 7 days, just finished yesterday morning. At first, lots of pain (I think that was the medicine working), a little spreading, then everything cleared up and the pain was gone. A few remnants of bumps left, but they were dry and painless. A couple days ago, however, the discharge came back. Now mild itching. A couple of those spot remnants are starting to tinge. This all started before I stopped the meds. I just put in a refill request last night, and I’ll keep taking them until I see the doc on Wednesday.

Is this a second outbreak in a row? Or the first one rearing it’s ugly head again? Is this normal?

Agh. Just when I thought I could start to feel normal again.

• 4 months later...

I sure wish you had gotten a response. I’m dealing with a similar issue. Diagnosed almost 4 weeks ago. Went through 5 days of acyclovir, didn’t go away. 7 days later she started me on a 10 day round. I’m on the 9th day and have a new outbreak. I’m a little freaked out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Crystal,

I hope you're doing better by now! I just came by this forum and had seen your comment. I pretty much gave up on this site, I was very grateful for the responses I had gotten and had left some feedback for others as well, but there's not much interaction in my experience.

If it helps, I was worried back then that it wouldn't go away, but after 2 rounds of valacyclovir it cleared up and (knock on wood) has not come back since. It is now 6 months later, that was back in December. I found out in March what type I have - HSV1 - where recurring outbreaks are less likely. I have my fingers crossed that it won't come back!

Best of luck to you!