• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How can they sleep at night ?

How do one sleep at night knowing they have something that's incurable that know you can catch this with or without symptoms even with a condom and not disclose AT ALL to you ? I have my good and bad days when it comes to this but I still don't get how one person can do that weather it's just a hook up one time thing or long term relationship, I really wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that I put someone at risk and they have no idea , even thought it's higher chance of a person not getting it vs getting it , it's still a risk, I can't imagine somebody doing this to me with knowing they had it

Even though it's a strong possibility that happened, I don't want to believe someone was that evil to give me something that I will have for the rest of my life without disclosing, sometimes I can't sleep at night because I think about it idk who gave it to me I was never tested for it but 4 months later from a possible partner I'm getting a full on outbreak for 2 weeks with the worse sore throats in the world as if I caught it more recent and it don't even have to be that partner I definitely don't think I had this for years and years but it's soo strange to me , sometimes I really blame the devil for what happened to me ,then sometimes I think it's GOD, I read this quote before that GOD will break your heart to save your life, then I just ask god sometimes can I just know who gave this to me like sometimes I really feel volated in a way, but I definitely feel like god let this happened to me in way because had I known only god knows what I would have done

I have my whole life ahead of me getting diagnosed with a incurable std at 21 out of nowhere was a really big blow like who wants to go through that at 21 I'm still healing from this mentally and it's hard but god had a reason for our pain I just don't wanna go though this anymore regardless if a cure came out in 5 years or whatever my sanity was ruined I'm still in a trauma I made a lot of progress from 8 months ago but I'm still healing I already had anxiety before this now this happening kicked my anxiety into over drive

This been on my mind all day at work , needed to vent that out ...

I know exactly how you feel. I was dating someone, and lived with them for two months with my young daughter and he never once told me he had HSV1 and 2. I am still flabbergasted that he lied to me about his STD results and thought it was okay to plunge forward without disclosing this info to me, and neglecting me the right to protect myself. I understand how you feel. But I can only believe that those people need help the most. It’s unforgivable... but we can’t change what has happened. We can only grow.