• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I almost ended it today. Thanks to this forum I now feel hope.

I've been feeling pretty hopeless for the past few days. This morning was the worst I've felt throughout this entire process. I almost downed a bottle of sleeping pills. I'm so glad I decided to scroll though some of these posts. Your stories stopped me in my tracks. I feel so uplifted and hopeful now. I know there is a long road ahead of me, but I feel more prepared to tackle it.

So thank you.

To those of you who take the time to write about your success stories and little victories, you have more impact than you realize.

-Christine

Welcome, Christine. I am so happy to read that you’ve changed your mind and you’re still here—literally and figuratively! In my one year post (https://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/8587/one-year-later) I talk about how I was researching suicide methods before I sought help and became involved with these forums. What a difference a little time, information, and support makes during our darkest hours. If there is one thing I can promise you, it’s that you are most definitely not alone. {{{HUGS}}}

I know that kind of sorrow is really difficult to deal with.

I'm sorry to know you have struggled so much.

Remember that you have so much to look forward to, and so much more good you can offer!

Thank you for searching for reassurance, rather than hurting yourself. We are all here because we have felt some degree of anger, shame and sorrow. We can at least support each other without judgement, and without pretense. This community has been really good at that for me.

I hope that you have someone close to you that you can talk to about things. If not, feel free to reach out to us here.

If things get really difficult, or you have trouble enjoying things you used to, reach out (or feel free to stalk our threads, haha)!

Welcome to the community

• 1 month later...

I was there too. I am taking antianxiety medication for the second day today. Im scared of the side effects as this is my first time taking it, but I knew I had real depression/anxiety now. Not sure if anyone else got help. It was horrible having to tell my pcp why i needed an emergency appointment. But heres to hoping it's worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

@Tere3

I have had a few things happen in my life that have cause anxiety for me. For years I said, “ I’m not depressed I just have anxiety.” I’ve now come to terms with the fact that I do have anxiety and although I’ve not been diagnosed yet, I’m sure I suffer from depression & possible ptsd.

These things were hard to come to terms with because I felt like I was admitting that I was crazy. However, I feel very strong for making it so long dealing with these things & being able to function while hiding it from everyone. I also feel like I have taken control by deciding to do something about it!

As soon as I get health insurance (I’m in the middle of finding a job with benefits) I will be getting a PCP & finding a good counselor. I look forward to opening up & working through my emotions as well as the possibility of medication. (If needed).

Best of luck to you!!

@chis0920 - I hope you are feeling better now! I look forward to hopefully hearing an update!