• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Concerned and bummed

Hi all. So i found out recently that i am positive at a 1.3 for hsv 2. I’m assuming that number will probably increase. Anyway i am really scared as i have not had any symptoms yet. I did start the meds but I’m looking for some advice on what to expect. I was also kind of seeing someone and i told him and it’s basically done now so I’m bummed about thst as well. How did you move forward and stay positive as far as dating was concerned? Feeling down about all of this.

25 y/o single male here recently contracted HSV-2 from someone who knew that hey it and refused to disclose.

I haven't moved forward as far as dating and have tried and failed to stay positive.

If someone were to tell me they had herpes I honestly wouldn't plan on continuing to see them unless I were really into them.

With that being said I basically consider myself off the market. I'm still in a state of shock from the whole thing so my opinion may be biased.

May the force be with you.