• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out I have Herpes... Have some questions

Hi.. I got tested about a month ago (nov 2) and my test for HSV 2 came back equivocal at .97, my HSV 1 was very high by the way. I got retested about a week ago and just got the news that my HSV 2 is now at 1.3 making me positive. I was with someone back in august and the condom broke (which is why I got tested). I do not have any symptoms and to be completely honest I am kind of freaking out. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

I think you could do one of two things.....either give it several months and retest again (probably the cheapest option), or you could test with the western blot (the most accurate test available). An index value of 1.3 is very low. There’s a pretty significant number of false positives for index values under 3.5, and the lower the number, the greater the chance that it’s a false positive. It’s been several months now since the broken condom encounter, when you should have tested positive if you were indeed infected. Personally speaking, I would be really skeptical of this latest result and would not assume you had HSV2 just yet without additional testing.

@Hikinggirl. I see you respond to a lot of new users here.

I just wanted to let you know that I admire your dedication to helping others.

Thank you !

You’re welcome, @Ruiner. I don’t pretend to have all the answers, but I can keep conveying the message that no one is truly alone when they’re first diagnosed with HSV. Posting has been very helpful with my own healing, too! :)