• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing after One Night Stand - Dealing with Guilt

Genital HSVII Male here. Over the weekend I got very drunk and ended up taking a stranger back to my hotel room. I kept telling myself I would just fool around a bit and stop before anything got too serious.

But the next thing I knew she was performing oral on me, and my finger in her. And the next thing I knew I had my penis on her vagina, she telling me to put it in. But I could not because I was drunk and she was tight. That's when I suddenly realized how wrong it all was and I jumped away, literally ran away and left her there.

Sorry for the graphic details!

Now I'm completely wreaked with guilt. Never have I thought myself capable of such a thing. Should I tell her now? Should I wait until 8 weeks have elapsed then tell her to get tested? And to be even more lame, I am afraid of the repercussions. Is she going to sue me (she is very rich), or try to ruin my life somehow in the future?

Or should I hold on to hope that I did not have any visible outbreaks, and my penis only briefly touched her vagina, with no insertion. I've been H+ for 20 months, maybe I'm shedding less?

But then again I was drunk and tired, and I'm sure my immune system is down. I think I'm having an outbreak now, due to the severe stress and anxiety. I don't know if I could live with myself if I gave her herpes. Help!

You should be okay. For all you know, you dodged the bullet there (not the other way around). Are you not taking antivirals? Although it was embarrassing, you made a good call (im assuming you didn't have any condoms). I wouldn't worry about it, imo.

Thanks Guy84 for the response! God I hope she is ok. I'm not taking antivirals because I never thought I would have a one night stand after becoming H+. I tend not to go out but happened to be at a club for a friend's special occasion. Alcohol and good decisions don't seem to mix.

Also I'm in my mid-30s and it seems like this younger generation of girls are much more promiscuous - I never thought it would get that far!