• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not sure if I have herpes.. Should I be worried?

I had a sexual encounter with a girl two days ago and performed oral sex on her. Yesterday, about 24 hours after we had sex, I started to feel this sensation in the corner of my lower lip. So I went online and found out sure enough that a burning tingling feeling is a common symptom before an outbreak of herpes. I don't really know if I'd say it's burning or if it's really all that intense. It doesn't hurt, but definitely tingles a bit.

Is it possible to notice these symptoms 24 hours after exposure? I've now been feeling it for the past 24 hours so it's been 48 hours since we had sex. Can I get tested this early to find out if I have it or is it too soon to accurately test for herpes? Thanks for reading.

My symptoms came about 48 hours after exposure.

It felt like having the flu on steroids, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and lesions from hell.

Get tested!

I want to get tested but everything I read online says the earliest they can accurately test for it is about 4 weeks, and even then it's not for certain. I don't have any other symptoms but I woke up this morning and the tingling feeling was gone.