• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Raw Skin? Newly Diagnosed so Advice Appreciated!!

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with HSV2 (On Halloween, 2017) and have had a primary outbreak, which was hideously painful and contained all of the textbook symptoms! :( . I took a 10 day 1g dose of Valtrex. Since then, though, I am not sure I have 100% healed. I believe I have had a second outbreak although the symptoms are/were so incredibly mild that I couldn't actually decide if it was an extremely long first outbreak or two back to back! lol. When I thought I was healed after the first outbreak, my partner and I had sex (we both have HSV2 so no worries for transmission) and I immediately became sore again. Went on Valtrex for three days. So far, my symptoms have gone except for random tingling in the area where my primary sores were. Usually worse at night. Will this continue forever? Or will it slow down as my body gets used to fighting the virus? Also, the most annoying, and concerning, symptom to date is an area of skin where the worst sores were that continues to remain irritated and raw. I see that, on and off, there seem to be a couple of bumps in the area, but nothing manifests to blisters. I have been putting AandD ointment on the area, taking epsom salt baths, and blow drying everything! I take an L-Lysine supplement as well as multivitamins. Will this area always be tender to touch? It's an area about the size of a nickel I would say. Of course, I'm paranoid so I look a thousand times a day :/... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thank you! :)

I've experienced something very similar throughout my initial outbreak - so much so that my dr second-guessed his diagnosis and had me take another IgG test (unfortunately, it was also positive). I found a little relief by using a 1% hydrocortisone cream, but honestly I just had to wait it out. The good news is that it did finally go away and I feel pretty normal at the moment. Have started taking supplements and doing everything I can to get healthy as that seems to be the best way to stave off subsequent outbreaks. Hope this helps.