• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Scarring and changes after initial outbreak

From what I understand, herpes doesn't leave lasting scars. I had an outbreak with about 6 sores that healed about 2 months ago, and have no lasting marks at all.

You should probably schedule an appointment with your doctor to have them checked out. You may have something going on other than herpes.

Some possibly helpful info:

My sores took about 2 weeks from initial signs of infection (painful urination) to fully heal, with valacyclovir started on day 3 after initial painful urination (because that's how long it took for the sores to first start showing). As I understand, depending on a bunch of individual factors, outbreaks take different amounts of time to show and then heal. Some people have multiple outbreaks that last a few months at first. Valacyclovir (brand names vary, valtrex is common) helps to reduce severity and accelerate healing for most people.

Have your doctor inspect the area, ask them about the option of suppression medicine, or if they think it might not be herpes. As I always recommend: if you feel like your doctor isn't answering all of your questions to the best of their ability, seek a second opinion.

Good luck!