• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

White Dots that don't turn into blisters

I'm posting this because I'd like to hear from other experiences with HSV 1. It's difficult to find relatable information, specifically with what I've been dealing with -- which seems rare. About one year ago my lips became swollen and lots of blistering/scabbing occurred all over my lips. It was a shock and I had to learn to live with the fact I had a form of herpes. Since then I've had maybe 1 other outbreak, but far briefer and less area coverage. However, since the 2nd OB I've been clear however on each side of top lip there are series of raised white bumps. Occasionally they tingle but nothing comes of it. Lately I've noticed similar series of white dots in the middle of top lip which now tingle.

So I'm confused because sure I'm not having outbreaks but am I going to have these white tingling bumps forever or does the immune system eventually fight them off? I'm also experiencing incredibly dry lips. Like, gaps of dry pockets that I continue bite off.

Does this experience sound relatable to anyone?

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
On 11/19/2017 at 3:38 PM, Kris_ said:

I'm posting this because I'd like to hear from other experiences with HSV 1. It's difficult to find relatable information, specifically with what I've been dealing with -- which seems rare. About one year ago my lips became swollen and lots of blistering/scabbing occurred all over my lips. It was a shock and I had to learn to live with the fact I had a form of herpes. Since then I've had maybe 1 other outbreak, but far briefer and less area coverage. However, since the 2nd OB I've been clear however on each side of top lip there are series of raised white bumps. Occasionally they tingle but nothing comes of it. Lately I've noticed similar series of white dots in the middle of top lip which now tingle.

So I'm confused because sure I'm not having outbreaks but am I going to have these white tingling bumps forever or does the immune system eventually fight them off? I'm also experiencing incredibly dry lips. Like, gaps of dry pockets that I continue bite off.

Does this experience sound relatable to anyone?

I got them too 

Have you gone to your doc to get the patch tested via PCR swab? That'd be the first step.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: