• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Therapies to decrease shedding

Hi everyone - I've been astonished and disappointed by the lack of consistent information on the web about how to treat HSV-2 symptoms. I'm hopeful some of the veterans will share some of the things they do to decrease shedding and decrease the frequency/duration of outbreaks. I'm still working through my initial outbreak (38 days and counting). It's slowly getting better, I think... I have been taking Valcyclovir twice daily and plan to take it once daily for suppression after the outbreak is over. I'd like to know if there is anything else I can do to as a preventative therapy to reduce shedding and stave-off outbreaks. I've seen all kinds of stuff online such as Colloidal Silver, Tea Tree Oil, etc... anyone feel like they e had luck with these? Thanks for being here... this has been the best resource I've found so far and sincerely appreciate the information.

@Drkyle To my knowledge, the only things that decrease shedding are taking antivirals daily, and time. From what I've gathered, the longer you have the virus, the less it sheds. Other than these two things, I know of no "home remedies" to decrease shedding. As for decreasing the frequency and duration of outbreaks; Again, antivirals daily, changing the diet can help by eliminating or limiting foods/drinks that cause outbreaks (this is different for everyone and something you may have to experiment with to find what, if any, foods/drinks trigger outbreaks for you), doing what you can to strengthen your immune system, doing things to decrease stress (as this is often a trigger for many people), and time. Personally, I have to avoid anything high in Arginine, I take a Lysine supplement every day, as well as Vitamin C, Zinc, and a probiotic. I've also had genital herpes for 15 years, so I have that going for me... I have very few outbreaks these days, and when I've had them, they came after having too much Arginine, or were brought on by exhaustion and stress. I hope this helps. :)