• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosure success story

Hey guys. First I want to say what a wonderful community this is and how I’m so glad I found you all. I’ve only recently learned about my GHSV1 diagnosis. And then I immediately went on vacation. While I was there I met someone. Someone that I connected with in a way that I’ve never before connected with another person. I had spent a lot of time with this person and I knew that he was wanting things to get intimate. So naturally, I was very nervous, freaked out, etc. I was beside him and I told him, before we go any further, there’s something I want to tell you. I told him that I knew my last significant ex of 5 years had a history of cold sores and I found out that I now also carry the virus in my genital area. His reaction was so? It’s really not a big deal. I was absolutely shocked, even though I went into the conversation with the mindset that everything would be okay and work out in my favor. I told him that when I saw the doctor for it, he even noticed that it was a very mild and didn’t look like anything serious.

So, ultimately he accepted it and me wholeheartedly. We remained inseparable and have stayed in contac since. I 100% realize that things still may not work out because of the distance between us, but it *won’t* be because of the herpes. He told me tonight that I am something very special and he’s so glad he had met me and that he’s willing to make me a priority. It makes my heart happy.