• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Struggles with triggers

Hello,

I am struggling with my HVS-2. I’m struggling with what exactly my triggers are. I know that it’s different for everyone, but didn’t know if there’s anyone who has had anything similar to my issues.

-Taking supplements B12, A, D3, zinc, lysine, valtrex 500mg X2 daily. (C makes it worse)

Q: am I missing one?

I know my period (or the stress that it causes) is I’d definitely a trigger. Sometimes I get symptoms before during and after, with outbreaks either during, before or after.

Q: for those who’s period is also a trigger (or not a trigger), what can I do to prevent sympotoms and outbreaks during this time?

(ADHD) I know that taking amphetamine salts definitely give me outbreaks so I’ve stopped with that.

But, I take the generic form of Concerta daily at the lowest dose. (Stimulant)

Q: can this also be a trigger? Does anyone else have this issue?

I don’t have sex or masterbate.

Q: if climaxing or sex in general is a trigger, how can I prevent outbreaks and symptoms? Is there a specific type (brand specifically) of lube that will best benefit me in the future?

I’ve had HVS-2 for two years. During which I had several outbreaks during the beginning. After the first year, I only had OBs once a month. Sometime two if I was stressed. (No working out or changing my diet). When I got on Valtrex 500mg dailyx2, I started having more occurring outbreaks. They were shorter(would practically be healed once blisters opened), but none the less there. I’ve been taking these for about 3 months (I’ve had 5-7 or so outbreaks). This last month I’ve have symptoms every day. Tingles in the bottom of my butt, itchy nerve pain, Ect. I’ve just about have had enough. Last week I had an outbreak and this week I’m having an outbreak. What gives? I have been drinking a little more coffee and not watching my diet as much. But even so, this has never been this constant since the beginning. I’ve seen other posts where this is also an issue. I started working out (day 3)I’ve talked to my doctor and said we could try a different medication.

Q: (I know it’s different with everyone) does anyone have a suggested daily replacement? Is there one?