• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

When I have a herpes outbreak

I am on my fourth month of having herpes and I have had 3 "manifestations" (soft word for outbreak). Whenever I have a manifestation, I emotionally feel like it is the first one. I am great in between them, but each outbreak is a reminder that I am not the girl I once was. How do others cope with manifestations?

I try to take care of myself. I look to see what my stress levels are like, how my diet has been and it is usually a reminder to myself that I need to take care of myself. It is a time to do some self-care for me. And yes, it can be a bit of an emotional time as well. I try to just be as patient with myself as I can and take care of myself. I know this too shall pass. I try to reach out as well, so this site is a great place to come to when you need some lovin and support through it. :) Can you make it a time where you do something special for yourself? Get a pedicure, new haircut, go somewhere you enjoy, invite friends out....something you love and can look forward to? Then when the manifestations hit, you actually have something to look forward to. It may change the energy around the issue. :)

Brenda ox