• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not a cure but it has helped me!

Hi everyone,

I've had HSV since november 2015. Was on suppressive meds until October 2016 which was amazing, but went off and the outbreaks suddenly started to come every single month... So until September 2017 I struggled every month with the usual outbreak and I was so devastated. They came out of nowhere and I could not really relate them to anything specific.

I am also a member of a Scandinavian support site (I'm from Europe) for people with HSV and I saw a post where a woman told about a Swedish doctor who had helped her with her outbreaks. She was initially at the doctors office for something unrelated but luckily said something about her struggling with HSV2 outbreaks.

The doctor told her that he had no cure (of course, we all know..) but that he had known some researchers from America that had found out some really helpfull supplements:

Every morning you take a dose of:

1000 mg Lysine

1000 mg C-vitamin

200 mcg Selenium

The same dose is taken at night.

During outbreaks you can double the dose for 2-3 days and take antivirals. (no more than 2-3 days since the dose is high).

The catch is that you have to do this 3 years from your last outbreak, and you should lessen your intake of chocolate and nuts (they reactivate the virus). With the supplements, your outbreaks are suppose to show up less and hurt a lot less, until the virus goes into hiding and you supposedly become outbreak free. After 3 years, the outbreaks should disappear completely. If you get an outbreak after the 3 years, it's back on the supplements for 3 years again until you are outbreak free. So yeah, it's not the easiest "cure" but it's soon worth it!

My last real outbreak was in September 2017 and I began taking these supplement in October 2017, so I'm going to do this until September 2020.

And I can tell you... I have not a had a single outbreak since I started these supplements! It's been almost THREE MONTHS for me now and I almost feel like a normal person again who does not have to worry about if staying up late will cause and outbreak! I don't know if this can help you but I feel like I need to share this with you guys because it has helped me so much. I honestly did not believe in this at first but I was so desperate for my outbreaks to ease and I had nothing to lose - and these supplements has helped me tremendously!

I still have an itch here and the tingling feeling a few times a month for a day or two, but there hasn't been a visible outbreak. When I feel an itch, I double up my dosage of vitamins and take some antivirals, and then that's it. No outbreak develops!!!

I have to admit I do eat some chocolate sometimes but I have completely cut nuts out of my diet as much as possible :-)

Again, this is not a cure, but if you have nothing to lose - please try this. I hope it helps you guys too and would love to know if anyone is going to try this. I bet that you will feel a difference after a few weeks. I don't know if I will become outbreak free by doing this, but three months without one is a world record for me!

I buy my supplements from Ebay since they are less expensive there. So there's no reason not to try this! I have also researched if such high doses are safe to take every day - and you should do this too - but I didn't not find anything that explained that these doses are unsafe. I have had no side effects at all. Any excessive vitamin that the body does not need will be processed out of the body.

I almost feel a bit stupid writing this, because it's always someone who knows someone who knows a doctor who told them about a "cure"... But these supplements has really helped me, and if I can help just one of you to lessen your outbreaks too, that's all I can ask for!

Let me know what you guys think and if you are going to try this :-)

Kind regards

Tina

• 3 weeks later...