• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Waiting for my test results...

Hi. I’m looking for some advice.

3 weeks ago I was physical with someone who is HSV1 and HSV2 positive. Now I’m waiting for the swab test to come back from my doctor. I do not have any outbreaks... just itchy and sometimes there are pin pricks of pain that go away immediately. No pain when I use the bathroom. I did have white thick discharge with my symptoms so I suspected a Yeast infection. I’ve had one other yeast infection in my life.

Some questions:

If I develop a red itchy spot but no blister, how long until they normally appear?

What are my chances of contracting the virus if genital contact was very brief however oral was performed by both of us? He’s on a medication to help reduces symptoms and he wasn’t having an outbreak at the time. He is having and outbreak now.

Can you get just one blister?

I have a “pimple” looking spot but it doesn’t hurt to the touch. Is that possible?

What was your next step after finding out you had it? Did therapy/forums/etc help? The only person I know with herpes is the guy and I don’t want to stay in contact with him.

Can you have itchy and sometimes pin prick pain with my signs of blisters?

Am I being paranoid or does this sound like herpes? If these are herpes symptoms would my blood test show anything? I didn’t get my blood drawn because I figured it might be too early.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I was told by my doctor that unfortunately for bloodwork to pick up infection you have to wait a few months. He said 4-6 months. If you do end up getting an open sore get it swabbed as quickly as you can that would be a much faster way to find out. Good luck!

Most people who are going to show symptom will show symptoms at 4 days out from encounter. Your chances are pretty slim given he's on meds. Depends on if condoms were used. You can read the free hand out on here which gives you the chances. I would put my paycheck on it that you dont have it.