• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Saw the doc today

Hi everyone. New here and very freaked out. Two weekends ago, I had protected sex with a new partner that I’ve been seeing. I was insistent upon wearing a condom every time. Then, about a week ago I was due for my period, and had some light spotting. I got a pad and went to bed. A day or two later I noticed some irritation that I thought was from the pad. Just being very moist down there and some chafing. I stopped wearing the pads by Friday (because I didn’t need them anymore) and used hydrocortisone cream to deal with the irritation. Now, a week later it’s still a little irritated, so I called my OB. Went in for a visit, and he looked at it. He did say that it didn’t look like HSV and he didn’t highly suspect it, but wanted to take a swab to rule it out. Now I’m just really worried that I’ll get the call that it was positive. It’s been great reading everyone’s stories and I know it’s not the horrible thing that most people think it is and that it’s super common. I’m just looking for some friendly words and support while I wait.

Waiting is the worst kind of torture, for sure! Even if the test comes back negative, this will have been a great opportunity to learn more about HSV and how its transmitted. If it’s positive, then like you said, the stories on this forum are a good representation of how HSV does not have to prevent you from having an awesome life (unless you let it).

You’re exactly right. Thanks HikingGirl. Regardless of the results, it has been a wake up call for me. My eyes are now wide open, but in a good way. I will do my part to challenge the stigma that it brings. I appreciate that you all are such a positive, supportive community of each other. And I’m glad to have read about experiences here.

I’m still waiting on the results... leave for vacation tonight. The doc said they will just release them to me electronically when available. <3