• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I told boyfriend I have herpes and he is distant

Hello all, I need moral support at this time. I disclosed to my bf that I have herpes and he seemed to be understanding and kind. He hugged and kissed me after I disclosed and he told me that this does not change who I am and he still loved me. However, when we got back to his house he and I had sex unprotected despite him knowing I have HSV2. After some hours he started to become distant and hardly kissed me and the next morning when I was going home he treated me as if I was a leper and texted me as if I was nobody. His last text to me was goodnight and no baby after it...so I called him. He seemed distant and I asked him what's wrong is it because of the herpes? He said, I just can't get herpes. I understand you are taking meds and know when you're having an outbreak but I can't give someone that much trust. He said that's a lot of trust to give someone and I can't risk it...This has really hurt me so bad, I have accepted this over 8 years ago and understand I am an amazing woman that has a lot to offer. This is the 2nd time I've had to disclose and he has managed to make me feel bad because he stated he trusted me and that he saw a future with me and wanted a life with me. Now he told me two days ago he needs time to process all this and needs a few days to think. I told him take your time I will not call or text you in the meantime. I can't help but feel this is over. I gave him a background that it happened to me while I was married and I stayed because I thought no one else would accept me. I managed to get out of that abusive marriage and I have a beautiful and healthy 4 yr old from it and I had no complications due to the hsv. Despite my bf knowing this he just heard leper and stay away. How do I manage to stay positive during this time he needs to think? Should I prepare for the worse?

Truth is that he's going to eventually sleep with someone who has herpes if he plans on having sex with more than three people in his life. And that's if he doesn't already have it. Most people 80% don't know they have it because they don't get symptoms.

He probably doesn't know the facts about herpes. Show the Adam ruins herpes video and info from this site.

If a guy can't make a sound logical decision and understand that herpes ain't a big deal, I can guarantee that you would have had bigger problems with him further down the road.

Truth is that he's going to eventually sleep with someone who has herpes if he plans on having sex with more than three people in his life. And that's if he doesn't already have it. Most people 80% don't know they have it because they don't get symptoms.

He probably doesn't know the facts about herpes. Show the Adam ruins herpes video and info from this site.

If a guy can't make a sound logical decision and understand that herpes ain't a big deal, I can guarantee that you would have had bigger problems with him further down the road.

Hippyherpy you have been a great help on this issue. I appreciate your advice and I will forward info to him.