• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have no clue and am stressing

I had sex about 5-6 times before a girl told me she had herpes, unprotected. She says she has hsv2 genital herpes and was on daily meds everyday. She also said she wasn't in an outbreak. No signs to me. Her first outbreak was a month and a half before we had sex. We also both gave oral sex her to me and me to her. Once I found out sex stopped except for once with condom. Oral still happened on me. This was all back in july. I did get swollen lymph nodes a few weeks later and a soreish throat and felt exhausted and had back pain. But I had drank too much and threw up a lot a lot the night before noticing swollen glands and was very low on sleep. A few days after I got a few spots on my face. I also have acne. One was on my cheek and 2 were about a half inch out on either side of my lips on my face. I'm sure I touched them and probably squeezed them like regular acne and they scabbed and stayed a hard dark scab till they went away in about a week. Right after that I had a small irritated dot on my penis at the base of my shafy. I have fordyce spots and it really looked like a irritated fordyce spot. It didn't become an ulcer and stayed just a pinkish red tiny dot till it was gone in a week or so. Now a week later I have another spot that I squeezed and broke skin in same area on cheek. It doesn't seem like a regular acne scab. Its dark and dry and won't really budge. It also has a slight burning sensation when skin is say spread out around it. A few scattered spots in different areas on face and one on penis. Does this sound like HSV?

Hi, @Goofymovie. It’s maddening, but there really are a million things that could cause what you describe. Your best bet is to see a doctor and get an IgG blood test. Just keep in mind that it can take up to 16 weeks for individuals with the virus to test positive on a blood test because some people make antibodies (what the tests actually test for) quicker than others.

You could also ask your doctor to swab the bumps you describe. That’s usually more helpful if they’re open sores. Sometimes when it’s just a bump, the swab won’t be able to collect enough of a sample to detect the virus.

If you haven’t see this handbook, it’s a quick read and was written by a herpes expert: https://www.westoverheights.com/herpes/the-updated-herpes-handbook/.