• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I messed up, guys :/

I just started at a new school, and met this guy I really like. After hanging out in groups several times, we ended up being the last two left at the bar the other night. We were both really drunk, and ended up going back to his place. I tried to start disclosing, but I think I made him nervous with the tone I was talking in and he stopped me before I could say it... The night is pretty blurry but I'm about 99% sure I didn't tell him. We didn't have sex, but did other things. I feel SUPER guilty. He's my date to a big event this coming weekend and I know I have to tell him, but I don't want to ruin it... Ugh I wish I could just be a normal person that doesn't have to deal with this.

I know it may seem like you're not normal. And I'm struggling with this too. But you are. We are. I've been in a similar situation and the worst part is over. Be honest. Tell him the truth. That this is new and hard for you. And it didn't go as planned. Of course we wish we could have acted different but the truth is you're navigating something vulnerable and new. And that's okay. But I promise you'll feel better once your honest. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you expect. You deserve to value yourself and also not blame yourself. It does get better. And someone will love and accept you. Everyone has something. But we have to value ourselves and our needs first and that can be hard at first. Guilt doesn't help. Forgive yourself. Be honest and allow some breathing room for this growth to happen. It's going to be okay.