• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling alone

In an odd turn of events, I actually started dating the guy that I believe unknowingly exposed me. We had some trouble when we tried to date before but now being here for each other has helped us both. Things are looking up.

Good luck to you fonda. I really think and believe it gets easier.

• 2 weeks later...

You all are smart for getting here and joining the group so quickly. I was diagnosed nine months ago and I dealt with all of the initial emotions and fallout basically on my own and with the support of a small group of friends, none of whom have it. Realizing after nearly a year that I really need to talk to other people who have walked in my figurative shoes feels like a pretty epic facepalm.

You're going to have good days and bad days, but it DOES get better. You realize who's worth your time and who's not. You realize that all the crappy things people assume and perpetuate are stupid and mostly untrue. You educate yourself and if you get the chance, you educate others and you make the world a little bit smarter. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make the conscious decision that your life is not over.