• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Newly diagnosed (1+ mo.), valtrex not working? Plz help.

I had sex with my ex 8/29 and 8/30. I noticed after one of those days a red patch on my leg under my right butt cheek. Within 2-3 days I could see that bumps were raising. I thought maybe it’s an infected friction burn, but then I got a blister. ONE blister. There was no pain no itching, just these things. I do bee venom therapy and was just starting to get back into it so I stung the patch on my leg directly about 4-5 times (4-5 bees). Then I could tell an infection was raging, this patch cleared up quickly as bee venom is antimicrobial. But theblister was another story. It was so minor, it never scabbed over, and it started clearing so I never got on valtrex. I continued stinging my sacral spine because this is where the nerve ganglia resides that leads to the genital region. I clearly rocked the boat because what was only a minor sore on my right labia was now inflamed and spreading to the other side, and eventually UP the front part of my vagina and lower abdomen. I had horrible itching but never really saw any other blisters, just red spots. I got on valtrex but it’s been 8-9 days and it seems like it’s just not really going away. The severity has lessened but it’s like it keeps spreading.

What should I do? Continue with valtrex beyond the 10 days? I know my immune system is hampered from Chronic Lyme infection and damage, I’ve been overly stressed as well. This diagnosis has been so hard mostly because my ex won’t get tested and I was raped in July and I don’t want to contact that person to see if it was him that gave it to me. I know this can lay dormant but I had no symptoms until I was with my ex, someone I trusted very much, but he insists this is only my problem, and after a MONTH of not getting tested (since my symptoms onset) he said he went to the doctor for a test and they told him he didn’t need one! Even if he didn’t transmit to me he was WITH me during an active outbreak. He refuses to get tested, at least that’s what he is telling me.