• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Mid-Diagnosis and Anxious as Heck

Hey All,

So, I am in a pretty weird spot right now. A week ago, I woke up with a strange rash on my buttocks (only on one cheek) that was unlike anything I had ever had before. It was red, raised, and mostly looked like small red bumps, although one "lesion" was longer and looked sort of squiggly. Out of approximately ten of these spots, I think two of them might have had fluid in them, but the rest never did. I thought they were pimples and I picked at them. The spots are still visible, although they seem to be fading away. They were never itchy, tingly, or painful, and the only scabs exist on the two that I picked at.

I saw four different doctors in three days. The first one was adamant that what I had was not herpes, but he took a swab to be safe. I am still waiting on the results of that swab, which could take another week to come back. The second doctor told me it might be herpes, and the last two were sure that it is not.

I can't relax at all. I haven't stopped researching. I think I have read every single internet article about the virus! I even wrote a 2,000 word essay about the dramatic week I had visiting all those doctors (and have neglected all of the academic papers that I actually need to be writing.)

I am mostly just looking for support, advice.. anything that might help me relax or normalize my situation. I'm really happy to have found this community.