• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Positive Swab, Negative Blood.. 3 years later: Negative Blood and Doc won't do swab..

Positive Swab, Negative Blood.. 3 years later: Negative Blood and Doc won't do swab..

Three years ago I was diagnosed with H2 by swab but my blood was negative.. my doc said that it usually takes a few weeks to show up in my blood.. it's been 3 years and I am still negative by blood (different doc) and she won't do swab because their clinic doesn't do swab on herpes.. I don't think all do. Kind of confused, tbh. Thanks.

What type of blood test did the doctor run? The IGM is an unreliable test if that was the one ordered. The IgG is the one you want.

Did you have what appeared to be an outbreak at the time? A swab should have been done if you did. You may want to consider a different doctor from now on.