• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sore that won't heal, need advice!

I had a primary outbreak three weeks ago and my initial sore went away within less than a week or so I just had severe pain. But, I ended up with one literally in my butt crack and it is still there and has been here for two and a half weeks and it will not heal. I try epsom salt baths, coconut oil, everything I've found online and I don't know what to do it won't go away. It hurts every time I wipe and I can't stop myself from using the bathroom obviously. I need advice on what I should do to help it heal and if I should up my accyclovir dose? I'm on suppressive therapy 400 mg twice a day.

If you’re having an outbreak, I would definitely increase the dosage. 400 mg 2x/day is standard maintenance/prevention. For an outbreak, my doc told me to take 1 pill (400 mg) 3-5 times per day for 5-7 days. It works best if you start taking that higher dosage the moment you think you’re developing an outbreak. I never experienced a primary outbreak, so I can’t speak from experience, but I’ve seen others say the primary ob can sometimes last several weeks, or you may get more than one ob successively. Here’s to hoping you get some relief very soon!