• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

IGM positive, IGG negative - VERY confused

Hi everyone,

I know this is debated to death, but I'm confusing about timing.

Four weeks after possible exposure (to a male with no symptoms, we had sex 5 times without a condom), I got a full STD panel. I have had absolutely no symptoms, but because we didn't use a condom and that's very unlike me, I felt a little uncomfortable with the situation after we "fizzled out." He hadn't had an STD test in two years, which he acknowledged, but did not have any symptoms that he was concerned about.

All my results came back negative, except an IGM HSV 1/2 test. HSV1 was negative, but HSV 2 came back positive with a titre of 1.4.

After seven weeks total, I was tested again with IGM and IGG this time. The IGG was negative, both HSV1 and HSV2 below the <0.9. However, the IGM came back has HSV2 positive with a titre of 1.2 (IGM HSV1 remained negative).

I gather that seven weeks only would yield about 75% accuracy, so curious about the likelihood IGM could produce TWO false positives, or if it's more likely that the IGM was a false negative, despite having absolutely zero symptoms and no real concern.

Any thoughts or experiences like this?

Thanks,

WPK