• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Very new discovery

panda53

I am a male, 64 years old and have just tested positive for HSV2. I had 2-3 outbreaks before I went in to see a doctor to find out what was going on. I know for a fact that I have carried this virus for over 30 years before it reared its ugly head. I have done some extensive reading on the virus and still have questions that I feel could be best answered by someone with actual experience.

I have read that the first OB is the worse one and that it can be accompanied by aches, fever, and other flu-like symptoms. This was not the case with me. In fact it took longer to discover what it was because it just seemed like a slight annoying rash. Have any of you had a similar onset of this virus?

I have had 3 or 4 OB's since the first one roughly a year ago and they're always in the same area. It starts on the top of my penis on the band where I was circumcised as an infant. They start as a couple or a few small water blisters, scab over then go away. After they are gone it leaves that area very sensitive for 2-3 weeks. Obviously it's a sensitive area to start with but I wonder if the friction from any rubbing on my underwear may prolong the healing process or is this the usual time it takes for a complete healing? Is any area normally sensitive for a while after an OB?

I also read that there is normally no scaring but I seem to be getting some small scars after it runs its course. Any of you experience this?

Do these OB's normally get less frequent or even cease with time?

Have any of you been helped by anti-viral medication and if so do you take it daily or only when you start to have an OB?

My wife has not had an OB and we've discussed this at length and see no reason for her to get tested since we won't have other partners and I plan to use protection or abstain during an OB. Chances may be good that she has this too since we've had an active sex life for our 37+ year marriage. We each had some sexual experience before we were married and we are not going to do the blame game.(We would have no way to figure out where it came from now anyway) We are very much in love and committed to one another.

Any input would be so helpful since I can't talk to anyone but my physician and my wife about this.

Thanks in advance for your input.