• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do I have HSV2?

Around 2011, I was 18 and got gnor/chlym from a boy I grew up with. He didn’t tell me he had both and I ended up contracting both. I lied to my mom about having both and when my mom took me to the doctor, I lied saying that I didn’t have it and was treated for an assumed yeast infection and I wasn’t tested for both of them.

In 2013, I had very bad sharp kidney pains that sent to the ER and I found out that I was positive for both gnor/chlym. I wasn’t tested for HSV1&2.

In 2014, I got tested for many different STDS (HIV and etc) and I got tested for HSV1&2 which both came back as 0.90 (Igg test) which is equivocal and a low positive, or I assume so because the <0.90 states that you are negative. So I had a 0.90 for both HSV1&2.

Now in 2017, I am having symptoms that seem like herpes but I do not know.

First, I had very small tingling sensations in my vagina but they did not hurt, I just noticed it was there. Maybe a week later, a bump showed up on my right side labia minora but sat on the outside of it. It was a fluid-like pimple with a red dot at the tip. It was firm and soft with discomfort if touched. Today, it has totally disappeared. I thought it would leave scarring or open sore but my labia looks the same as it did before the bump came.

Is it likely that I have herpes and should get tested again?

I have never had any of these symptoms since I first got my STDs 5 years ago. I am also assuming it could be a yeast infection or irritation because these symptoms didn’t arise until I started wearing off brand adult diapers I use for my heavy blood flow.

Unfortunately, I can’t see any doctors until November because no one is open until then and I needed some advice as soon as possible for prepping myself to live my life with or without herpes.

I would get tested just to make sure because you never know. I was recently diagnosed and I didn't even think H was a possibility because I haven't been with many people and I didn't get sores I just got the rest of the symptoms, but I'm positive for hsv2. I'm new to this, so I don't have much advice I actually need some myself, but just don't let it consume your life if the results are positive. I let it control me so much and affect me more than I should have for the first few weeks.