• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

1.5 year update

Hi,

It's almost 1.5 years since I have herpes and what a rollercoster ride it has been... It's been so long since I posted here it's partly because I've a mild anxiety disorder and partly I didn't want to jinx it.

Anyway, since I posted here, I've disclosed to 6 guys. 2 of them rejected (ghosted), 4 of them accepted. In short 80% acceptance rate which isn't bad :) Currently I'm dating someone who is just wonderful about this ordeal. Hes a pretty awesome guy and I'm really happy.

Also, I started eating healthy and going to gym regulary. This lifestyle helped with my anxiety and my outbreaks. I didn't have an ob in last 6 months and my prondromes are nonexistent at this point. Yay!

Moreover, during this time I discovered that my triggers are sleep deprevation and high emotions. What I mean by this is that if I dont get enough sleep and get really angry or sad, I'll be having prondrome symptoms. However since I'm getting enough sleep almost every night, my herpes isn't active in a very long time.

The major change in my life is that I started to see a psychiatrist. She helped me tremendously with herpes and my anxiety. I'm felling much better now.

I don't know when I'll post again but to all newly-diagnosed I want to say things get better. It really isn't a big deal. So hang in there :)

Also, to all the wonderful people here, especially Adrial and WCSDancer: Thank you so much for your support. Without you, I'd probably have gone insane by now. Thank you for being there for me.

Take care.

Thank you for this, @janedoe! I just love hearing updates from people who have had this awhile....they are so helpful. It's amazing how the basics (nutrition, exercise, sleep) seem to help everything. Add a good mental health professional and a supportive boyfriend to that mix and it's no wonder you're doing so well. Kudos to you!