• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Worried

I had unprotected oral, and protected vaginal sex with a new partner and then a couple of days later I developed flu like symptoms, then around a week later had burning/itching in the genital area, pubic and anus but not really the penis. Then a week after that I developed burning/tingling lips, I haven't had any obvious lesions or sores just small like cuts, now reading up on these symptoms it points to herpes. Is it common for symptoms to come on in this way or would you expect them to come at once? Would itching be in multiple areas or be specific?

I had these symptoms for quite a few weeks but on passing I have developed new symptoms, I seem to get burning/pain sensations in the buttocks and upper thighs, these sensations on the buttocks tend to be in specific spots on either cheek, is this a symptom of herpes? Possibly affecting the nerves? Some forums online say so, would it affect the buttocks in this way if I've never had any issues there?

I still get random burning on the lips still but no sores.

I'm really hoping it isn't but think it may be, I've tested negative for stds, the partner does have oral HSV1 as she gets cold sores, she hasn't complained of any issues since the first encounter, we did have protected sex a week later.