H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positive guide to herpes disclosure

My sister was just diagnosed and I want to help her or as much as possible.

Hello my sister was diagnosed yesterday with herpes, still not sure if the type waiting for that result to come in. I am here to get answers so I can help her best way possible. We live together and I have two small kids. I know nothing about herpes and am trying to educate myself as much as possible.
She is having her first out break and she is in so much pain. I was wondering what you find most effective for pain. It hurts for her to sit down, walk, pee and pretty much anything. She just cries all day because she is in so much pain. We tried tea tree oil yesterday and it didn't help much.
Another question... I know that it's mainly transferred through intimate contact but do I need to watch my kids and make sure they don't grab a washrag or towel that she has used or things like that?
Anything information will be useful for us. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Here is a link for you to check out http://supporttruthanddialog.com/

There are answer to many questions you may have. Read thru this forum also. You can learn from many of the personal experiences shared here. The ebook and handouts are good sources of information also.

Good luck
  • Welcome, @Kriss92. No, you don't need to worry about transmission through towels. The virus can only live for a few seconds outside the body. There are no confirmed instances of transmission that way.

One of my favorite new-to-this resources is here: https://www.westoverheights.com/herpes/the-updated-herpes-handbook/ (the author's full book is also tremendously helpful--this is just the cliff notes version). And as ihaveittoo mentioned, you'll learn a LOT from reading through the posts here and using the search bar at top right.

You're an awesome sister for being willing to get educated so you can be a support to her. :)