H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

positive guide to herpes disclosure

How likely is getting HSV-1 from kissing?

Hi everyone! A month ago I contracted HSV-2, since then I'm not having sex anymore but I've kissed. Last weekend I made out with a guy I met at a club and now, after being diagnosed HSV-2, I'm very paranoid of getting anything else, I've been very worried of having contracted HSV-1 because the area around my mouth and nose has been a bit itchy, now I see little tiny bumps. I should say that at the beginning of the year I had really bad perioral dermatitis (something you get for using too many cosmetic products) and it never really went away completely. The bumps look more like that, and I don't have cold sores, the guy I made out with didn't have cold sores either. But I'm so paranoid now I'm afraid I won't even feel like making out anymore, so just for the sake of having peace of mind, how likely is getting HSV-1 from kissing someone who has it but doesn't have any cold sores? Thanks!

Comments

• If they don't have sores, very low. If they do, quite high, but hsv2 protects against hsv1, so you're okay