Lifestyle Guides
  Herpes Opportunity logo
Informational Blog
Support Forum
Start Here!
H Opp Weekend
Herpes Videos
Lifestyle Guides

How likely is getting HSV-1 from kissing?

Hi everyone! A month ago I contracted HSV-2, since then I'm not having sex anymore but I've kissed. Last weekend I made out with a guy I met at a club and now, after being diagnosed HSV-2, I'm very paranoid of getting anything else, I've been very worried of having contracted HSV-1 because the area around my mouth and nose has been a bit itchy, now I see little tiny bumps. I should say that at the beginning of the year I had really bad perioral dermatitis (something you get for using too many cosmetic products) and it never really went away completely. The bumps look more like that, and I don't have cold sores, the guy I made out with didn't have cold sores either. But I'm so paranoid now I'm afraid I won't even feel like making out anymore, so just for the sake of having peace of mind, how likely is getting HSV-1 from kissing someone who has it but doesn't have any cold sores? Thanks!

Comments

• If they don't have sores, very low. If they do, quite high, but hsv2 protects against hsv1, so you're okay