H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Outbreak Lengths

Hello,

I know the first outbreak is supposed to be the worst (i.e. longest with symptoms) or that it could be. I was diagnosed in April 2017, started on suppressive therapy 2 weeks ago and I'm still experiencing an outbreak...its going over two weeks now.

How long was your longest outbreak? & is suppressive therapy worth it if i'm still experiencing such a long outbreak with it?

Comments

• Is this 2-week outbreak your first one? If so that isn't long AT ALL. A primary outbreak usually lasts 2-4 weeks. I'm still sort of going through my first outbreak - healed (no sores..etc.) but still slight itching, and I'm going into my 5th week.
  • Hi,
    My first outbreak lasted around 2 weeks. I had the itching, swelling, lesions/ulcers all in the genital area. After that I got mild outbreaks every month (around the time of my period - yay). I am now on my fourth outbreak and it is by far the worse I have had, worse than the first. I have swelling in my mouth, ulcers in my mouth, genitals and back passage, my genitals are so red raw and painful and have been this way for over 10 days now. I've tried ice packs, intense aciclovir course now onto suppressive, Epsom salt baths. Not sure if this is normal as I read that the first outbreak is usually the worst. Anyone else had a similar experience? x
    As