• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

PHN- does this sound typical?

I was diagnosed HSV 1 & 2 about a month ago, but my primary OB started mid June. In fact, it was the nerve pain that led to my proper diagnosis. Before I felt the shooting pains down my left leg into my toes my doctors kept throwing antibiotics at me thinking it was a bladder infection. I started my initial dose of acyclovir 5 days after the nerve pain started. After completing the 10 day course I was off antivirals for about 2 weeks. The UTI pain, yeast infection symptoms, and leg pain subsided, but my urologist said that I should really be on them consistently for the first year. Since the initial dose of acyclovir I continued to feel a throbbing/burning pain in my urethra and mild burning/throbbing on my butt and thighs, but it was manageable. This morning I woke up with chills and terrible pains in my legs, lower back- ugh! My entire vagina is throbbing!!!! I also felt weak, lightheaded and couldn't get my thoughts straight or find my words. I'm concerned: (a) that dizziness suggests that this is affecting my brain. (B) that this nerve pain is going to become progressively worse.

I'm due for my period any day now, but I can't see why this would suddenly become a factor. I've been menstruating regularly and this is the first time I've woken up in such a terrible state. I'm used to the pain, but feeling dizzy and weak and unable to form full sentences. That part resolved itself within an hour or so, but what the hell? Is this normal? Should I be contacting a neurologist? I wish this was just a simple skin disease....