H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Sexual Frustration & Outbreak

I've read a few posts about alternatives to intercourse during an outbreak. I'm going on 2 weeks for my current outbreak which is in a new location (more internally in my vagina) than any of my previous outbreaks since April. I'm wondering...are sex toys safe (i.e. anal play/etc) as long as there is no vaginal intercourse with it? I know that the virus could be anywhere in the genital region so i wasn't sure if this was even a good idea.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what is safe for my partner to play?

Comments

• I wouldn't chance ANY genital play while having an outbreak. It could be in any region and you don't even realize it so, if you want to keep your partner safe, it's not the best idea to have contact during an outbreak.
    I feel your frustration definitely! But don't let that get in the way of the actions executed.
    In my experience toys are good as long as your not sharing (idk if your partner is a boy or girl)
    As long as you don't have the virus orally, oral sex is a really good option for pleasing your partner.
    I wish you luck on your endeavors!
    Love,
    Beautyintheugly22
  • @Beautyintheugly22 Thanks for reaching out! My partner is a male. We don't share any sex toys and I was thinking of them more along the lines him using them on me without any direct/indirect contact with my genitals. I guess there is always solo play with exceptional hygiene?

I'm just thoroughly frustrated with all of it at this point. this is the longest outbreak i've had and its in a different spot than the others. I started daily suppressive therapy almost two weeks ago and finished the 2 a day for three days valtrex when it started. it seems to be getting better but super slow this time. I just want it gone.

Thanks for listening :)
  • @kaytea3 You'll be fine love, use your toys generously! Try getting a water proof toy so you can use it in the bathtub. Trust me, it'll do the trick ;)