• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

got herpes almost 4 month ago and i am still very overwhelmed and have some questions

Johnd

Hi all.

Got herpes hsv2 about 4 months ago and after reading on the internet like crazy the thing that frustrates me the most is that the doctors don't know so much about it . here is a little of my story and questions.

got it about 4 months ago i had pain when i urinated and i fainted the first time i had to pee from the pain.

i had pain in my leg like i thought my ankle is going to fall.after about a week a sore came on my penis and i was sure of it before i had any test just from reading online .i got tested about 3 weeks after i had my initial symptoms and

was told its hsv2. i took acyclovir 200 mg 5 times a day for 5 days. after about a week or so the sores went away but they came back after 2 weeks again and i took the pills again.the pain in my leg and the weird feeling i had in my body stopped about 2 month after the initial symptoms.

i get anxiety and all the time in my life and i am a hypochondriac person and this was like another knife in my heart.

Now almost 4 month in i had like 2 and a half months of thinking that any scratch or muscle pain is from this and i took like 3 times the 5 day pills just in case.3 days ago i started feeling pain in my legs and i looked at the small scar i have in my upper buttocks and saw like little spots under the skin and i was sure its coming back so i took the pills just in case and today i'm on the third day of 400 mg 3 times a day for 5 days. i really can't relax anymore , Thinking its always coming back.

almost everyday i keep checking and washing my hands like crazy when i touch any part of the boxer area. i read about shedding this makes me go crazy basically nobody knows anything about it . its all speculation .

so my questions are:

1.should i take all my life now the pills just to be sure it wont come back because i am a very anxiety oriented person so i can trigger it all the time??

2.When i take the pills i feel a little weak . I don't know if its all in my head . so if i have to take it everyday will i feel like this all the time?

3.Shedding- i guess nobody knows where you shed from really . i am scared of touching any part of it by mistake even and touching another part of my body especially my eyes so i wash my hands 40 times a day.i wish someone would know more.

if someone can tell me more if they know more facts not only what they think.

4.my skin doctor said if you don't have any sores you don't have to tell anybody when you want to have sex.

i was a little shocked after she said that. I am very scared to tell girls and if i meet a woman i like most of them will run away i know it. any thoughts.

5.i am very sad and depressed. i am thinking of when i will meet a girl and one day and have to tell her and if i play dumb and wont tell her because i read most of the people don't know they have it . and later if we want to have a baby i can kill my baby if she has it and don't know it. its not easy for me to meet girls and know i feel the percentage went even lower because if i tell she will run away. thoughts?

6. I really don't understand how \does the medication work. If i take it in time will it stop this outbreak 100 percent? i mean i took it now before the sores came out and that's it i stopped it? or if i finish the 5 days it can come out after 7 days? or the 5 days made it sleep again for a long time?

6.i read that people take pills before a stressful time or holiday where they want to drink a lot . if i take it a week before 2 times a day 400 mg so i am safe for the holiday? does it make the virus sleep for sure or its all speculation?

7. if i take it for a year like people said every day can i get an outbreak a day after i stop? so what is the point?

8. About the zovirax cream. does it work on the penis or just the mouth? because on the box it says just the mouth.

9.how long before the pills block the virus from creating more sores? i couldn't find a good answer. also this is a part of the "idont understand how does this pill work".

as you see i feel i know a lot but really nothing. everybody including the doctors don't really know a lot and this is what makes me have anxiety and like i am not in control.

please help me relax. Thanks.

Thanks.

i am very nervous and i have hsv2 and i just spoted 2 blister like sores on the middle of my upper lip . i have dry lips for days but this i just saw and i am on the 4th day of zovirax tablets so i dont understand what is that and i hope its not sores too because i have hsv2 so i dont get it . can blister like sores be anything else on lips? i really hope so i am so nervous .

The best person to answer that is your doctor. If it's any consolation, I acquired genital HSV2 18-25 years before ever being diagnosed with it, touched myself all the time, and never spread it to other parts of my body. What you're worried about is extremely rare. Wash your hands after touching a lesion, but otherwise, the only thing hand washing is doing is feeding your anxiety.

im still freaking out im on day 4 of tablets because i felt i am having a outbreak soon and this comes on day 4 and on the lips when i have hsv2? how can you get sores if you are on the pills. i didnt have for 3 days on pills and on day 4 i get them?

Not every bump or irritation on your body is HSV, and antivirals don't always prevent outbreaks. More often, they just reduce the frequency of outbreaks.

Your future happiness and mental health depend on you getting educated about HSV. We are here as a community to support you, but no one can do this for you. Read the book and see your doctor.

@johnd I hate to hear all the anxiety you are experiencing but I can completely relate. I am an extremely anxious person and I feel like I think about my HSV2 diagnosis almost daily. Luckily, I have tried to turn my worries into something proactive and healthy.

Only speaking from my experience, I contracted HSV in January 2017 and it has been an absolute roller coaster. I switched medicines twice and in the beginning had back to back outbreaks until I went on suppressive therapy.

I have also reached out to Terri Warren and she was very helpful. There is a charge for her feedback and support but it very minimal for the overall benefits. She told me that some experience frequent outbreaks for the first 1-2 years and then they typically get less and less over time. Your body needs time to build antibodies to suppress the virus on its on. She also explained that my body wasn't becoming dependent on the antivirals because I was taking them, they were just helping to suppress the virus until my antibodies have the chance to build and support themselves.

Have you tried switching your medicine? I also might suggest getting on suppressive therapy to reduce your outbreaks and help with your anxiety. You can try going off of the antivirals after you have given your body a chance to adjust to the virus.