• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Went well disclosing but now worried he will catch it

So I told the boy I have been seeing on and off for the last year that the last time we had sex that I came up with herpes and honestly he was so sweet and lovely about it. I had gone to the clinic yesterday just to sort of see if everything was okay as I got my first outbreak a month ago now and the nurse told me I looked all cleared up and if I felt better in myself then I can have sex and we did but he didn't want to wear a condom no matter how many times I asked. I split again whilst having sex and I feel like I have come up with spots again and it has not even been 24 hours. Could this be another outbreak? Should I text him to see if he is okay? I don't want to make an issue of it and make him grossed out but now I'm just worrying so much that his going to get it and I don't want him to hate me.

It could be another outbreak, but that doesn't mean you had the outbreak while you were having sex. Sometimes sex can be a trigger for outbreaks, especially while the virus is still new to your body. If you want to text him you certainly can, if you feel like he is someone you want to keep in the loop on how your body is responding to the virus I would say go for it. Remember that he is an adult and whatever happens, it is *his* choice to continue a relationship with you. You've done your part by informing him and talking to him about the risk