• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not sure how to do this....

Um....where to start. I will be blunt and just go from there.

I was raped during my recovery from breast cancer. 5 year battle alone, but was recovering nicely, immune system was still getting there, but wasn't 100%. Anyway... I get raped and receive my consolation prize: H2. Woohoo, lucky me. Talk about a rage like I have never known. That was 6 years ago. I did my research and such, counseling, support groups, ect. Its been 11 years since I have had a relationship and after my ordeal, I was in the shadows for the past 6.... Well..I have met someone. I am sooooo stressed out about telling him. I will say we have gotten close, not sexually....but I have come to trust him. I have disclosed the ordeal, but not....my superpower. That's what I call it...so yes, that's makes me Wonderwoman. Besides....do we not have the power to change someone's life? Integrity keeps us from doing so...honesty to give them the choice that was taken from us. We are still human after all.

Damn...how does one disclose such a thing? Many of us were victims, one way or another....but it doesn't change anything, or make it any easier. I take Valtrex and have for 6 years. I am terrified to have this conversation. Any advice? Pointers? He says he loves me.....and we haven't had sex. I think he is considerate and careful, due to the circumstances, and I appreciate it. But.....I haven't told him that I was bestowed my superpower because of it.....any advice on how I deliver this bomb?

• 2 months later...

That's quite the story you've got there. And I admire your ability to keep a sense of humor through all of it (the superpowers and wonder woman part made me giggle.)

From what I've read he seems like a really nice guy and will be completely understanding of your super power. If he is saying he loves you before any sex has happened I think you've got something special here.

In my opinion I think telling him will bring you guys even closer together. I hear the disclosure talk can bring about deeper levels of intimacy and bond.

May the force be with you!