• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV-1 genital infection cause odor?

Hi, currently still experiencing my first outbreak. No fun! I've found taking cool-warm epsom salt or baking soda baths help. After bath I put on either coconut oil or cornstarch powder. Both seem to help. Especially the oil.

I have noticed a foul odor in the past day. I can't really describe it other than maybe like a yeast infection smell. Is this related to HSV-1?

Thanks for any advice ❤️

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/25/2017 at 9:02 PM, Aries said:

Hi, currently still experiencing my first outbreak. No fun! I've found taking cool-warm epsom salt or baking soda baths help. After bath I put on either coconut oil or cornstarch powder. Both seem to help. Especially the oil.

I have noticed a foul odor in the past day. I can't really describe it other than maybe like a yeast infection smell. Is this related to HSV-1?

Thanks for any advice ❤️

I have ttpe 2 & notice an odor. Smells unclean. Like not washing well after a bowel movement. I mean it is open skin, sick skin. 

@Aries I ended up getting BV after my first outbreak.. I’m not sure if this is what happens to a lot of woman but I ended up with it and had to do 2 doses of medication to get rid of it. I think sore can make the bacteria come in and cause it. I’m on a probiotic trying to get the ph better so it don’t cause it because it’s a lot to do with the ph as well. 

• 1 year later...